Godey's Lady Book Online!

As I was researching 1860s fashion I came across an online archive of Godey's Lady Books and it made my day! It is absolutely wonderful to scroll the editions of the magazine and make observations though the fashion plates. I also love thinking about the recipes and which ones I would make if I was hosting a tea party. Anyway, enough jibber jabber I know you just want to go visit the archives I have been talking about and here it is: Godey's Lady Book Archive
Some of my favorites include: this one from 1863 and this one from 1880
And, if you're like me and you don't read the text they have this which only shows the fashion plates from one specific edition instead of the text and the plates. I mean, the hairdos, fashion and, embrdoiery patterns are soooooo much more exciting.

Enjoy and keep sewing!:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

18th Century Recipes for Perfumes, Pomatums, Powders and Cosmetics

June 1 1533: What Anne Boleyn Wore To Her Coronation

What Counts As a Portrait?